Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Progress on 28mm French Foreign Legion

I got a battalion of 28mm 1870 French Foreign Legion done this evening.  If I can work on a battalion a day, I can get entire 28mm 1870 French Foreign Legion infantry brigade done by the end of this weekend.  That is my goal.  I primed a 28mm 1870 French Cuirassier regiment this weekend.  Based on what's been done, I should be able to cruiser through my 28mm FPW project.  I want to get a 28mm 1870 French Infantry brigade done and a 28mm 1870 Prussian Infantry brigade done for a small game of Chassepot & Needlegun.  I thought that would take me about six months.  I'm thinking more like three months, now.  That leaves me open to work on more 28mm FPW brigades as I acquire them.  I also have various other projects to work on like 1/2400 scale WWI dreadnoughts and WH40K Space Marines.   

I must confess my 28mm painting is much faster than my 15mm painting.  I only started the 28mm 1870 FFL about a month ago.  And I've made this much progress.  New Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes have made a definite difference in my painting.  I use an assortment of paints and brushes in my miniature painting.  I'll save that for my next blog article.  However, I have to go through Dick Blick Art Supplies for my Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes and Winsor & Newton drawing inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment