Sunday, November 4, 2012

November's Projects

I spent quite a bit of money getting new painting supplies this weekend.  I now have brushes and paints to complete my 28mm 1870 Prussian infantry brigade.  I started back working on them Friday evening.  I also have about 40' of magnetic tape to complete another storage case for my 28mm Franco-Prussian armies.  I also have more glue, too.  I spent too much money on paint.  Currently, I've put any more purchases on hold.  I would have liked to have gone to Colonial Barracks in New Orleans, LA with a friend this past weekend.  I wasn't able to afford that trip.  I wasn't able to afford going to the Seven Years War convention in South Bend, IN either this past March 2012.  Those are two conventions I'd like to make.  Hence, the need to conserve my money.  I have other obligations like Christmas presents for family members staring me in the face.  Whatever money I have left over in December will likely be saved for my future trips...

There are several local conventions going on here in St. Louis, MO.  The first is Warmachine Weekend in Sunset Hills, MO.  I don't play Warmachine.  But I know a lot of people who do.  There are about 240 people at their convention playing this weekend.  The convention I'm involved with is Big Muddy Historical Gaming Alliance out at Chesterfield, MO November 9-11, 2012.  I'm running two The Sword and The Flame games at the con.  There's also a silent auction next Saturday and a flea market Sunday. 

I do have things I'd like to get rid of.  One is a 1/2400 scale WWI naval project that will never happen.  Another is some rule sets I now own but don't play.  I could also put them out for sale on the blog if someone is interested in them.  They are projects I wanted to do but never got around to doing this year.  The rules have been collecting dust on my crowded book shelf.  Same as the 1/2400 WWI German and British dreadnoughts.  I also have some odd ball 28mm painted zombie infantry and zombie cavalry for 40K.  They'd make great cultists for a Nurgle or Slaneesh Chaos army. 

That's about it.  My 28mm Franco-Prussian War project is rolling back along.  Not at the speed I'd like.  But it's moving none the less.  This was too ambitious a project for me to start.  I will only be about halfway through it by the end of November 2012.  The rest of the 28mm 1870 Bavarians and Armee d'Afrique will wait for the spring of 2013.  And I still have more 40K figures to paint after that!  Painting never ends.  So it seems...    

No comments:

Post a Comment