Saturday, January 12, 2013

AAR of 28mm Modern Afghanistan Game or...

I ran a 28mm Modern Afghanistan game using Ambush Alley-Contracting Trouble today at Wargamers Cave in Granite City, IL.  I only had one player, Don Cox.  Steve Hood (Combat Colours) showed up later.  But he didn't want to play.  I ran the Taliban.  Don run several fire teams of US Marines and a Humvee with a 50 cal.  My insurgents couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.  Don's Marines proceed to waste Taliban positions.  By turn 5, the game was over.  The Marines had won.  There was no more Taliban left on the board.  So much for Afghani training (or lack there of)...

Steve and I talked for a while.  Then Don and I left for St. Louis.  The heavens opened up and it rained.  The temperature dropped about 10 degrees F on our ride back home.  It's supposed be freezing rain and ice tonight around midnight.  I've seen the temperature go from 70 F to 20 F with snow in the space of 24 hours.  It's another reason I don't like St. Louis, MO.

Aside from that, I looked at the new GW Dark Angel products.  I looked.  But I didn't buy.  My 25mm Trojan War figures arrived last week from Old Glory Miniatures.  I now have most of purchases for the year.  There are some small figure purchases I'd like to make.  I need 28mm FPW Foundry Bavarian Infantry Command.  I also want to buy about 100 Foundry Masai Warriors.  I'd also like  purchase 50 28mm Viet Cong from Eureka Miniatures and 15 US Vietnam era Marines and a M113 from Jungle Rot Miniatures.  The 28mm Bavarian command can wait until summer.  I'll try and get the 28mm VC in April 2013.  The rest of the figures I'll purchase in November 2013.  There are also figure cases and Battle Foam to purchase later, too.  But I'm not buying any GW product until 2014.  It's part of my pledge not to support GW for a year.  I doubt if it will make any difference.  But I am doing it because I believe it's the right thing to do.  I have enough unpainted GW stuff to assemble, prime, and paint to keep me busy for at least 4 months after I get done with my 28mm FPW armies!  Hence, I can actually save money for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment