Saturday, February 9, 2013

Backlogged reading list for 2013

I wanted to start something new.  I wanted to deplug from electronic media on Saturdays and catch up on my reading.  I did that last night.  However, I finally broke down and checked my emails.  I did get some reading done.  I started a book called SS Intelligence.  It's a history of the SD.  That was the SS intelligence service during the Second World War.  I also read about 100 pages in Fear To Tread by James Swallow.  It's a 40K Horus Heresy novel about the Blood Angels.  It's now getting interesting.  I've been reading it off and on for several months...

Part of my problem is setting aside time for reading each week.  Unplugging allows time to actually read.  Here is a list of books I want to get to this year:

The Long Sun Series by Gene Wolfe - 5 book sci-fi series.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
She is Darkness:  A Black Company Novel by Glen Cook
The Blood Angels Omnibus by James Swallow
Semper Fi Vietnam:  From Da Nang to the DMZ Marine Corps Campaigns, 1965-1975 by Edward F. Murphy
New Dawn:  The Battles for Fallujah by Richard S. Lowry
The Eyes of the Eagle:  F Company LRPs in Vietnam, 1968 by Gary A. Linderer
Yanks:  The Epic Story of the American Army in World War I by John S.D. Eisenhower

As I get these books read, I'll post book reviews online.  I don't know how fast all this will go.  I guessing all this will take the rest of the year and part of next year to finish.  Afterward, I want to buy an E-reader.  I'm running out of room to store my books.  Going electronic makes sense.  It's just finding the right type of tablet computer for my needs.  I shouldn't buy anymore books until I get my backlog of reading materials sorted and read.  However, I do need to pick up a copy of Force on Force and Flames of War at some point this year.  Those are for future gaming projects in 2014...

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on reading, that's about as big a project as the lead mountain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete