Saturday, March 8, 2014

"Can you roll 7 '1's' on 10D6?" - A WH40K AAR

I'm done with WH40K for a while.  I played a 1500 point game with my friend, Brian Bigford, last night.  He had Ultra-Marines.  I had Dark Angels Deathwing.  Brian brought out the the new $80.00 space marine versions of CSM obliterators.  They obliterated a squad of Deathwing terminators.  Brian needed 2 or better to wound. He caused 10 AP 2 wounds.  I needed 10 saves of 5-6 on 10D6 for my invul saves. I rolled 7 "1's".

Can anyone else on the planet do that on a consistent basis?  I challenge anyone.  Sapper Joe, Hostile Contact, and Combat Colours have seen my dice rolling in person.  It's not pretty.  I've managed to roll 5 ones on 7D6 before.  But this is a new record in infamy.  Needless to say, I lost.  I'd taken pictures of the game up to that point.  Afterwards, I gave up....

What's the point me playing WH40K if I'm going to roll consistently awful?

Good question.  Why do I keep putting myself through such misery?

I'm at a loss...

The End.  For now....

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I feel your pain. My all time record was during a game of "The Trojan War"; 14 ones on D6 in a row. TTW uses a CRT where a one means attacker eliminated, so about 1/3 of my army disappeared that combat phase. And yes, although every once and awhile I roll well, it seems craptastic luck is my stock-in-trade. I've had gamers with 30 years experience say they have never seen dice luck as lousy as mine. I much prefer games where luck is not such a factor. Oh well. C'ya, Charles

    ReplyDelete