Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekend ebook purchases.

I kind of regret the weekend ebook purchases I made through Barnes and Noble.com
However, I've added more books to my reading list.  Here they are in no particular order:

1)  Prince Lestat by Anne Rice.  I enjoy the first three books in the series.  I'm hoping this one will be just as good.  It was a pre-order that won't be available until October 2014.

2)  Scars.  Another Horus Heresy novel from the Black Library.  Another pre-order for the hard-copy.  Available from The Black Library for e-sale now.

3)  The Falklands 1982:  The Winter War.  Another ebook for the Nook that ran me $4.99.

4)  Osprey Men-at-Arms:  Henry VIIIs Army.  No ebook available.  I was forced to buy an out of print hard copy.  Ran what would have been a reasonable purchase into an expensive one.

5)  The Last Stand of Fox Company.  Ebook for the Nook.  It's about US Marines in the middle of the Korean War as they hold off the PLA in the dead of winter.

6)  Age of Shiva by Landgrove.  Another ebook for the Nook.  Godpunk type novel involving a graphic artist and the Hindu end times.  I have no idea what to expect.  Other than it's different...

There are other books I want to get on WWI, Vietnam, and Korea.  Also a booklet on the South American Wars of Liberation.  I hope some American distributor picks up The Liberatores that premiered at the Toronto Film Festival this past year.  I really want to see it on the big screen...

1 comment: