Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mid-Summer 2014 progress report

I'm blogging to let know people I'm alive.  I've been spending the weekends painting.  Specifically, I've been working on 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade.  I want to get a battalion done a week.  Problem is there are seven battalions to finish!  I also started a 28mm 1870 French Turco infantry regiment, too.  I'll be done with my 28mm FPW projects when those armies are finally painted.

Realistically, that puts me into September/October to complete my 28mm FPW game for Command Con 2014.  I'm only running one gaming slot this year for Command Con 2014.  That will be Friday, November 7th at 12 PM, I believe.  I'm also running a 15mm SYW Battle of Minden - August 1, 1759 on Saturday, July 19th at 12 PM at Wargamers Cave.  I'll also be running a 28mm Boer War Game 1881 on Saturday, August 9th at Guns of August for Big Muddy HGA...

Other activities have seen me writing and catch up on my reading.  I' finished Edgar Rice Burroughs' Princess of Mars.  I'm now reading the second book.  I have an interest in 28mm VSF.  But it's another expense I can afford to do without, for now.  I have a backlog of 20 books to read before I'm caught up with everything.  Any progress I make towards my unread pile is progress none the less...

Good painting and good gaming,
Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment