Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall 2014 Update...

My father is recovering from stomach cancer.  My mom is facing back surgery this coming month.  Needless to say, I'm not going to have much time to blog.  More important things have taken up my time.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  My parents should be in assisted living sometime next year.  The burden on me will be much less.

Here's what I've been able to get done this past month painting wise in no particular order:

1)  15mm Old Glory Dervish Ansar.  It was an experimental painting project for a friend of mine.  He'll have more figures for me to paint.  I focused on painting them two nights a week.  I'll stick to that method as I get more figures from him to paint.

2)  30mm WH40K Stormraven,  40K Deathwing Terminators, and WHFB High Elf Light Cavalry.  Those figures got sealed this weekend when I had the downtime to spray figures.  The weather has been bright and sunny.  I brought the figures in this evening.  I put them away before I thought about updating the gaming blog....

3)  30mm Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth figures:  12 Knights Examplars, 6 Choir of Menoth, 2 Vassals of Menoth, 1 Menoth Mechanic, 1 Menoth Solo, and 1 Piper of Ord Mercenary figure.  I plan on playing some Warmachine with a friend of mine tomorrow evening.  I don't know if I'll mix it up with the new figures or just do another Battle Box game.  Those figures are in my Sabol army Motor Pool bag I inherited with the army.  I need to get a proper Battlefoam bag for it and my Mercs army (when I have the money).

4)  28mm 1870 Bavarian Jager Battalion and 28mm Bavarian mounted infantry command.  The figures need to be flocked and sealed.  I'm not going to get them done in time for Command Con 2014, Friday, November 7, 2014 here in St. Louis, MO.  But I'll try and get another infantry regiment painted by the end of the month.

Here is what I've had on my work table:

1)  Assembling a 30mm Repenter Light Menoth Warjack from the plastic model.
2)  Assembling a 30mm Bastion Incinerator squad.
3)  Repaired a 30mm Knight Examplar figure.

I have lots more figures to prime and paint.  But they'll just have to wait until I get around to finishing my current project, like a 30mm GW Bane Blade kit (NIB)....

No comments:

Post a Comment