Saturday, April 4, 2015

Review of War Dogs by Greg Bear

Author:  Greg Bear.
Title:  War Dogs.
Publisher:  Orbit Books.
Copyright:  2014.
Pages:  291
Price:  $25.00 (hardback).

Impressions and Overview:
When Greg Bear's character fights and leads, you're straight in the action.  Some of the narrative found me leaving.  Human beings have made contact with an alien race called the Gurus.  They're in war with the birdlike Ants.  Human space soldiers pay the price to fight these alien invaders.

Bear does a great job with his descriptions of Mars.  I wish I could do his detailing justice.  But I can't.  Everything breaks down when his narrator finds fresh water and oxygen in an underground cavern on Mars.  The final third of War Dogs fell flat for me.  But the points leading up to it kept my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment