Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 2016 book purchases and reading projects

I broke down and bought a bunch of ebooks for my Nook this week.

Military History:
I bought The Rhodesian War:  A Military History, The War of Spanish Succession by James Falkner, and The Madness of Alexander the Great from Pen & Sword Books.  Also purchased Armies of the Pacific War, 1879-1883.

Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs:
I bought the five volume Learning Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs series.

Sci-fi/Fantasy/Steampunk:
I bought The Difference Engine by William Gibson, Leviathan No. 1, Queen Victoria's Bomb, The Strange Affair of Steel Springed Jack, and The Lost Stars:  Shattered Spear by Jack Campbell.

Reading Projects:
I'm working on Masters of the Art:  A Fight Marine's Memoir of Vietnam by Reginald Winter.  I got through his basic training in 1966 at Paris Island, SC.  I'm on Page 69/of Page 242.  I'll have a full review when I'm done with the ebook.  I'm also reading Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment