Monday, February 15, 2016

Assembled WM Steelhead infantry tonight...

I spent several hours assembling Warmachine Steelhead Company infantry.  I put together about thirty figure before dealing with all the dried Ca+ superglue on my hands.  I put together two boxes of Steelhead Halberdiers and one box of Steelhead riflemen. 

A couple notes on the Steelhead halberdiers: 

1)  It took me a while to figure out how to assemble the figures.  Once I knew what to do, it was easy putting together the second box.  The Steelhead heavy infantry have lots of parts.  It takes a while to assemble a figure.  I did everything in assembly line fashion.  Knowing what I know now, I bust everything into their individual components, remove flash, and pre-fit the joint where I'm going to glue the figures. 

2)  I'm not going to get another box of Steelhead heavy infantry.  It's too much of a pain to assemble.  The new plastic kits are coming out.  They might be easier than the metal kit.

Notes on the Steelhead Riflemen:

1)  These figures were easy to assemble.  Most were one pose.  Or add guns to the standing figures.  They all had backpack accessories to be added like the Rhulic dwarves. I could have up to two Steelhead riflemen units in my Merc army.  I'm just going to have one for now...

The last thing I have to assemble is a Steelhead Cavalry unit.  I pulled everything out of its box tonight.  Looks like a pain to assemble.  However, I was warned about Privateer Press's kits.  Mainly have been pains to assemble compared to GW models...

No comments:

Post a Comment