Sunday, March 13, 2016

Analog Magazine, April 2016 Review

I started subscribing to Analog:  Science Fact and Fiction again this spring.  Last year, I let my subscription lapse.  I didn't have time to read the short stories each month.  Magazines piled up unread as my father died.  I'd make a conscious effort to read each issue, this time.  I read April 2016 issue of the magazine.  The first half had some interesting stories.  The rest were fairly blaise.  I noticed a near lack of military sci-fi.  I'm hoping for more interesting stories with next month's issue.

The problem is there's such a limited market for sci-fi short stories.  I've written my share.  I've also written novellas.  Finding a paying market for your work is a challenge in this economy.  That's part of the reason I've looked to oversea's markets.  I should submit to Analog Magazine sometime, I know I can do better than some of the writers they've featured in their previous issues...

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment