Friday, March 11, 2016

Mid-March 2016 reading....

I finished Twilight of the Hellenistic World and posted a review online.  I'm also reading Titan by Stephen Baxter.  I'm 100 pages into the novel.  It feels like future history from the past.  It's interesting.  And it has me thinking.  America has given up on manned space exploration.  Our government institutions don't want it.  It's up to other nations to surpass our role in space flight.

That troubles me.  Given the collective stupidity of the American population concerning science and technology, we pride ourselves on reality television and sporting events with little regard for the future.  The Romans had their bread and circuses until the Empire collapsed due to the barbarians.  Maybe climate change will force the same thing to happen to us.

Just a thought...
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment