Monday, July 4, 2016

Early July 2016 reading...

I spent the weekend editing a manuscript.  That set my reading time back a few days.  Here's what I got accomplished:

1)  Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  I read another three chapters on my NOOK e-reader.  The main characters are conversing with their robotic advisor on Proxima c, an Earth-like planet circling Proxima Centauri.  The star is a red dwarf that supports alien life-forms.  The human colonists are learning more about them and try communicating with them...

2)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Drury.  Read another chapter about a night attack on the Marine company by a battalion of Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army infantry in November 1950 on the Chosin Reservoir.  This was also done on a e-reader. 

3)  The Lost Fleet:  Beyond the Frontier:  Guardian by Jack Campbell.  Picking up with Admiral "Black-Jack" Geary and his Alliance Fleet in hostile territory near the star system of Midway.  Just got through the first chapter before I had to put the book down this weekend.  Ugh!  I started with The Lost Stars series.  Campbell originally started out with The Lost Fleet series.  I read some of those books after getting started on The Lost StarsThe Lost Stars is based on the characters who rebelled from the Syndicate World's empire at Midway.  The Lost Fleet series is complete.  The Lost Fleet:  Beyond the Frontier is still going (I think).

4)  Analog Magazine/July/August 2016:  Read a short story about a British princess falling in love with an alien ambassador.  Followed by nonfiction on possible future energy sources.  I'm still behind on my weekly reading for Analog Magazine, though... 

No comments:

Post a Comment