Thursday, July 28, 2016

Late July 2016 reading....

This past week, I read the following:

1)  The Lost Fleet:  Beyond the Frontier:  Guardian by Jack Campbell.  I finished the book and posted a review on the blog.

2)  Making God's Mischief by Glen Campbell.  Read 50 pages in a new fantasy novel about a mortal who kills gods in a fantasy medieval world set during the Crusades.  Interesting premise.  I'll see how it plays out.

3)  Analog Magazine/September 2016 issue.  Interesting article on artificial intelligence.  I don't know if I'll renew my subscription.  Things have been hit and miss regarding short stories and writing articles.  Read 50 pages in Analog this weekend.

4)  Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  The main character becomes a father and the native "builders" moved the lake the humans depend on ten klicks by busting up a dam.  Read three chapters.

5)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Drury.  Read another two chapters on the Chosin Reservoir saga of the 7th US Marine regiment in 1950.  Now in the second day of battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment