Thursday, August 18, 2016

Mid-August 2016 reading: Part II

My ambitions didn't match what I actually accomplished.  Here is what I read:

1)  Andromeda's War by William Diatz.  This is a Legion of the Damned novel starring Lt. Andromeda McKnee.  She's been assigned to a god forsaken planet to help pacify it.  Her Legion platoon has also been given a thankless mission to bring in an alien troublemaker, too.  I've never read the series.  But I heard Diatz is a good writer...

2)  Tour of the Merrimack:  Myriad/Wolf Star by R.M. Meluch.  I tried reading some more Monday.  Never quite got going.  I'll try to read more next week.

3)  Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  Yuri Eden and his partner, a former astronaut, met up with more human survivors on Proxima c.  Meanwhile, a human engineer met up with her double from another universe.  Their meeting went down with "Earthrise," human like super computer AI in Paris, France.  They tried to figure out who built the wormhole on Mercury that caused Karen's double to come into this existence...

4)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Bob Drury.  More wounded US Marines holding off more crazed Chinese PLA infantry battalions in the Chosin Reservoir in 1950...

No comments:

Post a Comment