Thursday, March 16, 2017

Review of Eden to Armageddon by Roger Ford

Author:  Roger Ford.
Title:  Eden to Armageddon:  The First World War in the Middle East.
Publisher:  Pegasus Book.
Copyright:  2010.
Pages:  667.

Overview and Impressions:
"Our fathers lost the First World War on the Tigres' shores..."  Johnny Turk, 1918.

The stupidity of advancing into machine gun fire by battalion, artillery barrages, and incompetent generals massacring generations of men on both sides.  I just want to take a hot shower and forget what I read.  I used to have the stomach for WWI histories.  I no longer do...

The Allies lost as many men as the Turks, the British were able to out general them on two fronts:  Palestine and Mesopotamia.  The war was won on those fronts.  Massacres and subsequent massacres cover every one's hands in blood.  No one was clean.

I could go on.  I won't.  I'm too disgusted with the whole thing.  One can see where the twilight zone political reality of today's Middle East came from.  Allah Akbar!  Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment