Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Early November 2017 reading....

Here's what I've been reading this past week:

1)  The Romanovs.  I'm in the Crimean War.  No fan of the French or the Turks.  Poor Russians got outfought and out generaled in this conflict.  Now, I'm halfway through the book.  Should have it done by X-mas....

2)  Starting Old Man's War by John Scalzi.  Thought I'd never get around to reading it.  Sort of juvenile.  Supposed to be a good read.  I haven't read any other works by the author.  He's supposed to be a big time military sci-fi writer....

3)  Street Without Joy by Bernard Fall.  More French stupidity leading up their debacle in 1954.  Rather depressing read....

4)  The Legend of Drizzt:  Volume One by R.A. Salvatore.  Only read about a dozen pages.  Drizzt's father gets sacrificed to Lolth.  What a downer.  However, it was to be expected with evil Dark elves...

No comments:

Post a Comment